TRCPA is a Pittsburgh-based professional organization whose primary goal is to promote education and the timely exchange of information among its members and partners, from both the public and private sectors, including a wide range of industries. TRCPA continues to assist members in developing awareness and improving skills in the fields of contingency planning, business continuity / organizational resilience, critical infrastructure protection, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations planning.
TRCPA membership has always been FREE and open to all. Membership benefits include:
- Regular meetings, which include workshops and/or presentations by subject matter experts or other experienced professionals; members earn Continuing Education (CEU) credits for meeting attendance. TRCPA members network with other professionals with the same goals and responsibilities, exchanging ideas, methods and proven successes.
- Close collaboration with Allegheny County Emergency Services; TRCPA has a seat at the table when the Emergency Operations Center is activated. TRCPA has long-standing relationships with federal, regional, state, and local agencies, including:
US Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Region III
Federal Executive Board
PA Region 13 Task Force
Allegheny County Emergency Services
Allegheny County Local Emergency Planning Committee
Pittsburgh Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Participation in an access credentialing initiative, designed to authenticate critical business employees, facilitating their access to restricted areas following a disaster or serious emergency.
- Access to the TRCPANotify system, which is used to convey emergency information (as received from emergency management personnel) to our members (via phone, e-mail, or text). TRCPA members can also ‘call for help’ from other members – requests for assistance are promptly sent to all members via TRCPANotify to provide mutual aid for whatever resources may be needed.
- Local training sessions for the Certified Business Continuity Planner certification (offered to TRCPA members at a discount).
- A jobs board, where members can post current openings or view the backgrounds of available candidates.
Please click to download a copy of three rivers contingency planning association (2012).